Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Day Six: Experiencing Organs

Today in class we got to see actual lungs, livers, hearts, and a brain. To be honest, it freaked me out a little, but it was also very informative and somewhat cool to actually see (and touch) the organs that are inside each and every person. Although I had been told that the brain is heavy, it didn't really sink in until I actually picked it up today. Similarly, seeing an extremely enlarged heart due to blood pressure and fat build-up had an immediate response in my head of thinking about the condition of my heart and what I can do to prevent my heart from becoming like that. I think if I had another opportunity to see/touch these organs again, I would opt out, but it was very informative and interesting to do it once in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment